Linus Torvalds

Linus Torvalds on AI

"It's clearly something where automation has always helped people write code. This is not anything new at all." AI might really help by being able "to find the obvious stupid bugs because a lot of the bugs I see are not subtle bugs. Many of them are just stupid bugs, and you don't need any kind of higher intelligence to find them. But having tools that warn more subtle cases where, for example, it may just say 'this pattern does not look like the regular pattern. Are you sure this is what you need?' And the answer may be 'No, that was not at all what I meant. You found an obvious bag. Thank you very much.' We actually need autocorrects on steroids. I see AI as a tool that can help us be better at what we do."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Supporting Artistes (SAs)

Hamza Chaudhry

Injection